(Due: December 31)
Please e-mail homework to firstname.lastname@example.org. No attachments will be accepted. Remember to include your full HOL name, HOL ID, and House name in the body of the e-mail.
The subject of your e-mail should be DADA – HW4 - HOL ID
Short Answer – 10 points (2 points each)
- Which potion is mentioned in the lesson that Hermione Granger had trouble with? What happened to her and this potion?
- What else is the Felix Felicis also known as? Why?
- What happens when someone drinks a Hate Potion?
- Can love potions actually create love? Why or why not?
- Does the Draught of the Living Death cause death?
True or False: Worth 10 points (2 points each)
If the answer is false please write the correct answer. (no credit will be given if this is not done)
- Love potions are highly recommended to create a lasting relationship with someone.
- The Felix Felicis potion is very addicting.
- It takes about a week to create the Polyjuice Potion.
- Instant death awaits anyone who drinks the Draught of the Living Death.
- Polyjuice Potion will make you another person for exactly one day.
Essay Question: Worth 10 points
(75 word minimum, Cite your sources or you receive no credit)
Research a potion not mentioned in the lesson (from the Harry Potter universe) and explain to me why this potion is or can be considered a dangerous potion. We like details, so the more details the more points you will receive.
(Chose two of the three options to equal 30 points)
Writing Project: Worth 15 points
(150 words minimum)
Create a new potion. What potion do you think is lacking in the Wizarding World? Create a name for your potion. Tell me the ingredients of the potion and why you’ve chosen those ingredients (cite any sources you use). Lastly give me step by step instructions on how to create your potion. The more details you have the more likely you will receive full credit.
Art Project: Worth 15 points
Draw a picture of the effects of your character taking a potion mentioned in the Wizarding Universe. For example, if your character took the Draught of the Living Death you would draw yourself as sleeping. You cannot use this example as your own, chose something else. I’m not looking at your artistic ability, but the effort you put into this option. Make sure to put the name of the potion your character took. Load the picture to an image-hosting site and send me the link.
Puzzle Project: Worth 15 points
Match the potion ingredient with the correct potion. Yes, you are going to have to do some research to figure these out. Yes, some ingredients may go with another potion mentioned, but each match up has only one answer, so chose wisely. Send your answers in as 1 - A, 2- B, (these are not necessarily the correct answers)